Coda File System

Auth problems

From: Horms <horms_at_verge.ing.to>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 18:54:14 +1000 (EST)
Hi,
  This is all a bit tedious for the list but I could really do
with a few pointers.  I am currently trying to intall coda and
have hit a bit of a brick wall. I followed all the instructions
for intalling vice and venus both of which are running on the
same server.  However when I run 'au -h server nu' I enter a
username and password and It hangs then finnaly aborts whith
an error. Here is an example

[root_at_ingrid]# au -h ingrid nu
Your Vice name: horms
Your password:
RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_NOBINDING (F)

and here is my /vice/db/users.coda
admin::500::Administrator::
horms::7100::Horms::

horms has an entry in /etc/passwd and /etc/passwd-

groups.coda is empty and I have created vice.pcf and vice.pdb
as per the manual.

Running an strace on au reveals that it is repeatedly trying to
run sendto(3, "\0\0\0\10\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0\1"..., 294, 0, {sin_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(1357), sin_addr=inet_addr("61.8.5.204")}, 16) = 294.
This should be ok because 61.8.5.204 is the IP address of my maching
and auth2 is listening for udp connection s on port 1357.

I am running this on a Redhat 5.1 system and I installed
using the following RPMs;
  coda-debug-backup-4.6.1-1.i386.rpm
  coda-debug-client-4.6.1-1.i386.rpm
  coda-doc-4.4.0-6.i386.rpm
  coda-debug-server-4.6.1-1.i386.rpm

I also insalled the coda kernel module manually.

The only unusual thing I noticed was that auth2 wans't running
and I started this manually. Am I right in thinking that this
should start up when you run startserver?

On a seprate issue I noticed that my machine seems to be trying to
contact 128.2.206.78 (barber.coda.cs.cmu.edu) via UDP on port 1361.
This would seem to indicate that venus is trying to talk to
a vice on that machine. Any ideas?

--
o Senior               - Zipworld    web: www.zipworld.com.au | Solutions
o horms_at_zipworld.com.au `--'         fax: +61.2.9247.5276     |---------[]