Coda File System

Re: linux 2.0 -> 2.1

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 13:59:04 +0800 (CST)

> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know how from a linux kernel 2.0.34 from redhat I can migrate
> to 2.1.xxx as the new Coda 4.6.1 is routing ?
>
> tia,
> Sergio.

There are procedures suggested in the file called Documentation/Changes
(comes with 2.1.xx tarball).  It may involve upgrading a number
of packages (such as modutils, gcc, binutils etc), before you can
compile your own 2.1.xx kernel.  All of the utility upgrades can be
done by issuing RPM's upgrade commands (note the discussion about
RPM in the same file, in particular where to get those useful RPMs).
The README file come with 2.1.xx tarballs discuss how to compile the
kernel, and there is also a HOWTO document for kernel compilation
(http://www.linuxhq.com/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.html)

Good luck.

-- Clement

Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                              Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,    Fax: (852)-26035024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong     Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk