Coda File System

Re: Build fixes

From: Steven N. Hirsch <shirsch_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:09:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> Although we do this kind of stuff all the time here, I was wondering if
> you might be right.  On a vanilla glibc machine I can unpack the tarball
> and type ./configure and make coda in the sources and it builds to
> completion.
>
> If you pay attention to the rpm build script, you will notice that we
> build outside the sources etc to avoid any dependencies on existing
> headers apart those that we instruct the C compiler to use.

Peter,

I must eat a large helping of crow.  I could swear that I had tried 'make
coda' numerous times, only to trip over missing headers.  Naturally, after
your message, I tried again and it worked.  Grrr.

I'll go away now and put my other foot in my mouth.  Mea culpa. Apologies
for the false alarm <sigh>.

Steve