Coda File System

Re: Coda Network Computer

From: <djb_at_redhat.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 21:52:47 -0400
> 4) The next step is tackle booting.  The target here is to have a
>    system that can get to the point of starting to run
>    /coda/linuxroot/sbin/init as process ID 1.  Achieving this will be
>    a major milestone, even if the init process immediately gets
>    confused!

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't the Linux initrd facility
handle this?  Couldn't you put your startup stuff in an initrd image
and create your startup script as /linuxrc in the initrd?  I thought
that this kind of thing was the point of the initrd, but I've never
played with it enough to see if it can do what you need above...

--Donnie

--
 Donnie Barnes    http://www.redhat.com/~djb    djb@redhat.com   "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879.