Coda File System

Re: rpm doesn't work

From: William Stearns <wstearns_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:12:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 thoth_at_purplefrog.com wrote:

>   I tried to unpack the coda RPM on my RedHat 4.1 box.  It failed miserably.
>
> [root_at_frop thoth]#  rpm --install -v ~thoth/ftp/coda-debug-source-4.4.0-2.i386.rpm
> failed dependencies:
>         /bin/sh   is needed by coda-debug-source-4.4.0-2

	Someone else on a different mailing list claimed that this was
caused by an outdated version of rpm - I can't verify or deny this.  It
might be worth upgrading rpm.
	For the short term, or if the previous solution doesn't suit you,
just add "--nodeps" to your command line, and if that doesn't work,
try "--force".  _That_ should get it installed.  These are pretty safe to
do in this case as you do have a /bin/sh on your system, even if the rpm
database doesn't reflect it.
	Cheers,
	 -Bill

Unix _is_ user friendly.  It's just very selective about who its friends
are.  And sometimes even best friends have fights.
William Stearns (wstearns_at_pobox.com)