Coda File System

FW: Using Coda for caching on local machine rather than over netw ork? ??

From: Scott Smyth <ssmyth_at_realminfo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:08:42 -0500
Henry;

The implementation explanation was not clear because I am not
sure if it would do what I was thinking.  I was thinking that I would
use
Coda to cache read-only media (CD-ROMs) on the client side as Coda
does from the media server (Coda server and SCM).  However, the server
and client would be the same.  Thus, a media server would have dynamic
caching if you will and the user-level security of Coda going for it.
However,
in this context, I think Coda may be a little "heavy" for such an
implementation.
It just seemed like a good possibility to use Coda schemes tailored to a
different
use where there could be a heterogeneous network.

Scott