Coda File System

Re: extended attributes?

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 20:22:10 -0500 (EST)
Hi Alexander,

Whoops, I think nobody is looking much at that list.  I suppose I should
subscribe myself.

We definitely have ACL's.  We have some extra attributes in our "cnodes"
which we currently don't exploit (I believe author and data version are
there).  We deal differently with atime, mtime, ctime than local
filesystems for efficiency. Due to replication of volumes we carry a lot
of stuff around that is used internally: so called version vectors count
the number of updates at each replication server, to keep replicas in
sync.

I don't know what "MAC" and information labels are.

Peter