Coda File System

huge SrvLog

From: Bradley C. Kuszmaul <bradley_at_GRANITE.SYSTEMSX.CS.YALE.EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 13:36:28 -0400
Here is

The INSTALL file says to do
  srv -rvm /rvm/LOG /rvm/DATA 20480000 -d 1000 &
Calling srv with "-d 1000" results in a huge SrvLog file, however.
(Writing 10 megabytes of data resulting in a 20 megabyte SrvLog.)

The SrvLog said I could turn down debugging to 0 by doing something like
 kill -SIGUSR2 6594

That doesn't appear to work, however.  The SrvLog file still kept
growing and growing.  I shut down the server, and restarted it with
"-d 0" and now the log is only a few thousand bytes.

Wish list:
  The INSTALL should tell me to do something reasonable.
  The SIGUSR2 should actually work.
  There should be a way to clean up SrvLog without shutting down the
    server.

-Bradley