Coda File System

Re: stranger and stranger: ctoken goes away when I cd to /coda

From: Bradley C. Kuszmaul <bradley_at_GRANITE.SYSTEMSX.CS.YALE.EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:28:07 -0400
   Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 08:26:00 -0400
   From: Joshua Raiff <Joshua_Raiff_at_olympus.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>

   > Any time I cd to /coda (or if I am already cd'd to /coda or if I touch
   > the coda filesystem in any way, my tokens seem to go away.   Have I
   > screwed up permissions in a bad way, or is something else going on?

   This sounds familiar.  We found a bug a month or so ago that caused
   this behaviour.  Make the token in your "auth2.tk" file be at least 9
   characters long (well make it exactly 9 if you still have problems).

   > Also, df still produces the message
   >  df: /coda: Function not implemented

   You'll have to wait for Clement or Peter for Linux specific bugs, both
   are on vacation.

   Josh

OK, I'll try fixing the auth2.tk to be exactly 9 characters.  (It is
16 characters right now.)

Presumably I need to reencrypt the password files right?  (Now I have
to remember how to do that....   Any hints?)