Coda File System

Re: is /usr/sbin/au supposed to exist on a client?

From: Joshua Raiff <Joshua_Raiff_at_olympus.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:15:33 -0400
> How do I get authenticated the first time so I can change my password?

Did you create the 'user.file' and run it through initpw?
Did you give it a key...
... that might be the problem.  Run initipw like:
	initpw -k "drsuess " user.file > auth.pw (whatever the doc says).
                          ^ Note the space, this is the key auth2 ships with.

I think auth2.pw needs to be copied into /vice/db.  This is (not well)
documented in the "Setting up a server/On the SCM" section of the
manual.

Let me know how it goes,
Josh