Coda File System

Re: Status

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 21:36:59 +0000
Dear Elliot,

The archives are a bit dead, but the reason is that people mostly write
to me privately.

We have a pretty good client working (there are some small problems
left, but I could build a Linux kernel "in" coda.) and the server runs
but is missing some important functionality. I am still hoping to get
past these problems soon, but at the moment I am rather busy teaching.

The NetBSD port has made good progress, and we will finally get the NT
filesystem tools in a few weeks time.  We also have had difficult
problems on Windows 95 that we are starting to understand.

Be assured, there is lots of activity, but the lists are a bit dead
that's true.  Thanks for your interest!

Peter Braam
(future Coda project leader, in hist last teaching term at Oxford
England, then on to the new job at CMU).