Coda File System

Re: Compiling problem

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 10:00:27 -0400
On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 06:46:04PM +0530, dinesh Icenet acct wrote:
> I am using mandrake-8.0 and i have installed db1, db2 ,db3 rpms , but still when i do ./configure in the top directory of the coda source , it fails , by saying ,
> dbopen - not found
> dbm_open - not found
> unable to find libdb
> where as /lib/libdb.so  is a link to /lib/libdb-3.1.so
>
> what is the exact problem , Can anyone tell me how to compile it .

Coda uses libdb1.85 for the databases that are shared between servers,
there should be a db1-devel package that installs the correct headers
and so on. The only problem is that the location of these seem to be
changing with every glibc release. It used to be db.h and -ldb, then it
became db.h and -ldb1, followed by db_185.h and -ldb1, and in the latest
version is popped up as db1/db.h and -ldb1. The old headers still seem
to exist but provide wrappers for db2/db3.