Coda File System

Re: RVM private mapping ....

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:41:12 -0500
On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 03:23:14PM -0800, Phil Nelson wrote:

> rvm_map.c: Mapping anonymous
> For a startup time of 53 seconds (RVM data size, 266532, 133Mhz pentium ...)
>
> AND
>
> rvm_map.c: Mapping private
> For a startup time of 30 seconds, Same RVM (had to use block device instead
> of the raw device used for anonymous mapping.)

What platform? Solaris, Linux, NetBSD? Did you map more RVM data than
physically available memory?

I had expected a bigger improvement ;), what is the resident set size
once the server is up. I guess that would be a good indication of how
much metadata we are referencing during the initial sweep. I guess the
but it should still be faster as there is not as much data buffering.

Did the rvm_basher turn up any more problems?