Coda File System

Re: Patch from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3 does not work

From: Kurt Huwig <kurt_at_huwig.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:02:43 +0100
Jan Harkes schrieb:

> On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 01:17:54AM +0100, Kurt Huwig wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > The patch from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3 does not work. The right way to make
> > patches is:
> >
> >   diff -ruN dir1 dir2
> >
> > if you use CVS remember to use the '-u' switch!!!
> >
> > I made a working patch, but don't want to send it to the mailinglist.
> > Please eMail me if you want it.
> >
> > Kurt
>
> Thanks,
>
> I guess my .cvsrc wasn't hoarded on my laptop when I made that previous
> diff. Redid the patch using,
>
>  cvs rdiff -u -rc5_3_2 -rc5_3_3 coda > diff-5.3.2-5.3.3
>
> and put it up on ftp. Shouldn't a non unidiff patch work just as
> well, except for the horrible readability? I myself prefer unidiff
> format because it is easier on the eyes.

Unidiff work better for files that have already be patched, because of
the 6 lines of context. It is the de facto standard for Linux patches.

BTW: for SuSE Linux 6.2, you have to change

	LIBREADLINE   = -lreadline

into

	LIBREADLINE   = -lreadline $(LIBCURSES)

in 'configs/Makeconf.linux' to make it compile.

Kurt
| yes, it runs | Designed for |     Microsoft     | intel  |
| with Netware |  Windows 95  | Windows compliant | inside |
If you still have problems reading this signature,
                                   get Linux and a REAL cpu!