Coda File System

RE: Coda license

From: <oren_at_isdn.co.il>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 17:41:35 +0200
Sorry, what is GPL ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter J. Braam [mailto:braam_at_cs.cmu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 1999 12:49 AM
To: Theo de Raadt
Cc: Coda Discussion; coda-announce_at_TELEMANN.coda.cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Coda license

Hi Theo,

I think this needs just a little further clarification:

 - the kernel code for NetBSD and FreeBSD is in their tree, under a BSD
license and that will continue to be the case.  Of course we will not try
to either revoke a license already granted, nor is it our intention to
even change the license on the kernel code (it is finally in their tree).

I should have clarified this, sorry.

 - all remaining code for Coda are user level servers and utilities.
NetBSD and FreeBSD have other GPL'd utilities such as gcc.  Samba is a
good example of a GPL'd file server.  So I don't really see that this
situation is much different from other packages in use by those systems.

- Peter -